Partial exit is a feature that helps you manage your smallcase better. Through partial exit, you can exit your smallcase upto a desired value as opposed to a complete exit, where you sell all the stocks in your smallcase.
And this can be done only if you have invested more than the minimum investment amount of the smallcase. Partial exit places sell orders for stocks upto the specified amount, while ensuring minimum deviation in the weightage scheme of the smallcase.
You can partially exit your smallcase in 3 steps:
Select Exit Type:
- By going to the Investments page > Click on the smallcase that you wish to have partial exit.
- When you select the ‘Exit’ tab, you’ll be given the option of choosing between a whole/complete exit or a partial exit
Enter partial exit amount
- The current value of your smallcase will be displayed for your reference before you can go ahead with the partial exit
- In the amount section, the maximum amount upto which you can place an order for partial exit will be auto displayed. If you have a want to exit for a lesser amount, you can input this (You can see the maximum amount upto which you can partially exit under the amount box)
- Upon entering the amount, it will be adjusted to the closest possible amount to ensure that there are minimal changes in the weighting scheme
Review & Place orders
- After you confirm the specified amount, the sell orders that will be placed will be shown as a confirmation step
- Upon placing the partial exit order, you’ll be asked to ‘Confirm’ to place the trades
You can place a Partial Exit order for your smallcase as an AMO. The order will be executed in the next market day between 09:00 AM and 09:14 AM (pre-market hours)
When you place the orders during the Non Market hours, you will get the below message before confirming the order. And the order will be in pending status until it gets executed.
If you wish to cancel the AMO, you can navigate to your orders page > Select the exit order that you have placed > 'Cancel this order' as in the below snip.
Clicking on this will prompt a confirmation message and you can confirm to cancel the AMO order for Partial Exit.
You can view the partial exit order for a smallcase under Orders as a separate batch