A smallcase is a basket of 2-50 stocks that is easy to buy, track & manage
We have over 60 smallcases created professionally by our research team you can find here. These smallcases are tied to different market themes, trending ideas or model strategies that make it easier to take exposure to Indian stocks
However, investing in portfolios is a cumbersome process, involving atleast 3 different portals, also the four steps involved take a lot of time, and clicks. More here
You can now Create your own smallcase to help you build your own portfolios and invest in them easily.
Once you scroll to the bottom of the Discover tab, you can then tap on the CREATE SMALLCASE option to get started.
In 3 steps, you can create your smallcase and invest in it immediately:
1. Select your stocks & organize them by segments
- A smallcase is a weighted list of upto 20 stocks
- Tap on ADD STOCK to get started with adding stocks and use the similar stocks widget to see more stocks in the same sector
- Once you have added all your required stocks, use ‘segments’ at the top right, to organise and categorise them as shown.
2. Assign a weighting scheme for these stocks, or weight them individually
- You can pick between an equi-weighted, market cap-weighted or a custom weighting scheme to weight your smallcase (more on weighting a portfolio here)
- While assigning weights, you can see the final weights/shares for that stock along with the minimum investment amount for this smallcase. This minimum amount ensures you’re buying the stocks with the weights you have allocated
3. See the past performance of your created smallcase & buy it instantly
- After adding your stocks, and assigning weights – you can see how the smallcase would have performed in the last 1 year with respect to the general market (Nifty) by tapping on the chart icon at the top right
Here is the chart,
- Once you are satisfied with the stocks, weights – you can add details for your smallcase – image, name, overview and buy it immediately
- Or you can also save your smallcase for later, track it on your Drafts page and buy it when you wish to
With this feature, it’s now easy to create, buy, track & manage multiple portfolios for different use-cases you may have for example: Long Term Bets, Stocks for April, Dad’s Portfolio, Kids’ education etc
The fees for buying a customized/created smallcase are the same at a flat Rs. 100 + GST (18%) for each smallcase. No additional charges from our end when you invest more, add/remove stocks or exit your smallcase
- You can only add NSE stocks to create/customize your smallcase
- Your smallcase will be private and will be visible only to you
You can also Customize from the existing line-up of 60+ smallcases - change weights, add/remove stocks or shares from the prescribed constituents - read more here