When you place the orders some of the orders would get unfilled and you can get to know the reason from the status message. By going to the Orders page > Click on the unfilled order (blue arrow as below ) > Tap on the details icon across each unfilled order > you will see the short status msg.
Orders might not get filled for your smallcase in the following scenarios:
- If the stock is already sold on Kite, orders might be unfilled (if you have sold a smallcase stock directly on Kite, this information is not updated in your smallcases due to privacy reasons. When you attempt to sell the stock again from your smallcase, this results in unfilled orders. Write to email@example.com with the sell details to reconcile your holdings)
- Upper Circuit or Lower Circuit - Each stock has a limit upto which it can move, for a given day. So, when a stock's price hits the upper circuit, no more buy orders can go through and when a stock's price hits the lower circuit, no more sell orders can go through. You can repair the order or place a fresh a fresh order once the stock starts trading again.
- Liquidity issues in the market for those stocks (very rare for professional smallcases)
- Insufficient funds while placing the orders (even though a funds check is conducted when you place any order - prices might have changed resulting in a/some order/s not getting filled)
- No demat account linked with your trading account : you only have a trading account to buy/sell stocks, but no demat account to hold them - only delivery orders are placed for smallcase
There are 2 actions you can take when you have unfilled orders: